Saturday, August 8, 2009

And so it is...

Well, I have never kept any sort of personal record before. Awkward!
I shaved my legs with an electric razor because it was extremely humid. Not all the way, just enough to maintain strength and manliness through body hair, but enough to keep my legs bitchingly cool through the Southwestern Ontario heat. Which is ridiculous.
Living in the mountains was great. No sweating! Ever! Really dry though, lots o' bloody noses. The ones where your boogers become sharp daggers and punch holes in your nasal cavity.
I'm in Ontario right now, rounding up what has seemingly turned into the longest two weeks ever. Stuck in Canadian Shield purgatory fresh from a year long stay in the mountains. Making the rounds to friends and family before I take leave for Australia and then who knows where. "Hello"'s and "How have you been?"s, quickly followed by the "Well, see you later!". The obligation of visiting half strangers and sitting through awkward visits because you share some of the same blood. Strange.
It shall be nice to escape the continent on August 12th. Hop on a plane and say goodbye to Canada for what I should hope to be an extended period of time. I should like very much to see and absorb as much as this world has to offer, or at the very least as much as I can handle, before I consider coming back.
Although, CNN keeps airing headlines about this horrific mid air collision that happened over the Hudson river in New York. Discovery Channel at the same time aired a worst case scenario type documentary about another mid air collision. With re-enactments. Coincedence?? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment